Volunteer at Stonewall Youth
Volunteers make Stonewall Youth’s world go around. There are many ways for you to engage in mutually inspiring service with awesome LGBTQ+ youth. You can work directly with youth during drop-ins, Support Group, and field trips. You could assist youth to organize dances and other social activities. Perhaps you have a skill or passion you would like to share with youth via a workshop. You can also help out with the many “backstage” tasks needed to keep our programs running well: helping with fundraising, baking for bakesales, building maintenance, and so much more. We provide training and will help you tailor a volunteer experience that works for you. We appreciate folks with a strong social justice analysis who want to continue to build these skills with us. We value leadership in the many different forms it may take.
If you want to volunteer for Stonewall Youth, please fill out a Volunteer Application and return it to Stonewall via snail mail, in person, or email it to email@example.com Feel free to contact us for more information!
Join Our Board of Directors
You definitely don’t have to be a know-it-all to join our Board! We value skill-building and skill-sharing. The Board oversees Stonewall Youth operations, and works with youth participants, volunteers, and staff on strategic planning, fundraising, and program/policy development.
We value marginalized voices and experiences, such as those of people of color and youth. Youth Board members may be eligible for a small stipend. The Board meets once a month for two hours, and we ask that members make an additional 4-10 hour monthly commitment to Board activities
We provide internships for students and other community members who want to build their skills and participate in the work of Stonewall Youth. Interns make commitments based on their interests, skills, and availability. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stonewall Youth is looking for feedback from past volunteers!
Stonewall Youth is re-vamping our volunteer training and support. We hope to get feedback from past Stonewall volunteers! If you’ve volunteered at Stonewall in the past, please consider answering these questions and send your feedback to email@example.com
- In what capacity did you volunteer at Stonewall Youth? (Drop ins, support group facilitator, dance chaperone, special event, etc.)
- How was your overall experience as a volunteer? Good, bad? Why?
- What support did you have from staff/the Board? What support did you wish you had?
- Did you attend any volunteer trainings? Could you speak to that experience? Did you feel the training was helpful? Did it prepare you for your role as a volunteer?
- Did you feel appreciated as a volunteer? In what ways?
- Feel free to share about your experience, even if it doesn’t answer any of these questions. Your feedback will help the Volunteer Committee in organizing helpful training and positive volunteer support!