Stonewall Youth Needs YOU!
Over the past 26 years, Stonewall Youth has supported thousands and thousands of LGBTQ+ youth to survive and thrive. Stonewall Youth is for and by LGBTQ+ youth: two of our four Co-Directors are youth; our Speakers Bureau Collective is composed of four youth; our Board of Directors works to make sure that at least 50% of its members are youth; and youth participants, Fellows and interns are involved in all aspects of running their organization. If you’re a youth, check out how you can get involved!
Adults play an important role in assisting queer youth to make Stonewall Youth thrive. If you’re over 22 years old, that’s where YOU come in.
- VOLUNTEER: Engage in mutually inspiring service with awesome LGBTQ+ youth. As with many nonprofit organizations, volunteers are at the core of Stonewall Youth’s success, and there’s a dazzling array of ways you can contribute as a volunteer. We’ll work with you to create a volunteer experience based on your interests, skills, and availability. Go here for more info: Volunteer
- DONATE STUFF: We’re always seeking donations of useful office equipment and materials, art materials, items we can auction or raffle at events, healthy snacks for youth programs and bake-sales, things we can sell at our periodic yard-sales, and many other items. You can donate Unwanted Vehicles to Cars 4 Causes and Stonewall will get 70% of the sale price. Contact us for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DONATE MONEY: We don’t like asking for money. We also need it to keep doing our work — including paying our youth co-directors, Speakers Bureau members, and Fellows who are the backbone of making Stonewall Youth’s work happen. About 90% of our operating budget goes directly towards our programming; rest assured that we don’t spend our communities donations on high salaries for administrators. There are two main ways you can contribute:
- SUPPORT OUR PROGRAMMING. Your donations enable us to offer our regular support group and drop-in hours for LGBTQQIA youth, our Speakers Bureau, field trips and activities for youth, and many annual youth events including dances, our yearly organizational retreat, a youth performance project, and so much more. Become a Monthly Donor or make a one time contribution today. Even a $10 monthly donation makes a difference! Join our Mentors’ Circle of folks who make monthly donations.
- SUPPORT OUR CAPITAL CAMPAIGN: In April of 2017, we moved into our new home. Our quest for the perfect building to serve as our home took lots of time and consideration. Our new HQ is a two-story building (4,400 square feet) conveniently located in downtown Olympia. We signed a Lease to Own contract with the building’s owner in December of 2016, and hope to sign a purchase agreement by the August of of 2017. We’ve already raised about $90,000, and need to raise at least $350,000 more.
The multipurpose building we are purchasing will be a good investment, allow us to expand our programming (including more youth and all-ages workshops, dances, performances, and other events) provide stability to LGBTQ+ youth and to the organization, and give us the opportunity to support emerging ventures. Make a tax-deductible DONATION at any time for our Capital Campaign at Network for Good.
You can also INVEST! A supportive investor has started a Limited Liability Company (Liberation, LLC) to make it easy for community members to invest in the building. Our goal is to build equity for Stonewall Youth as well as for other community members who partner with us. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.